June 19, 2012
Learn About Causes of Thinning Hair – Free Consultations Nashua, NH
The primary cause of hair loss in men is DHT or Dihydrotestosterone. DHT causes hair to thin over time, eventually to the point of falling out and resulting in Male-Pattern hair loss. This common pattern of hair loss for men is characterized by thinning around the temples and crown of the head. The extent of hair loss in men is illustrated by the Norwood hair loss scale with classes 2-7, with class 7 being the greatest level of hair loss.
- Men’s Norwood Class 2 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 3 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 4 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 5 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 6 Patients
Female-Pattern hair loss is characterized by a general thinning throughout the scalp. The extent of hair loss in women is illustrated by the Ludwig scale and includes classes 1-3.
DHT also plays a role in hair loss for women. At the onset of menopause estrogen levels begin to drop and are no longer able to counteract the effect of DHT.
- Women’s Hair Transplant Photo Gallery
To learn more about the causes of thinning hair for men and women a free consultation is available at all Bosley locations.
If you are in or near the Nashua, NH area consultations are available at:
20 Trafalgar Sq
Nashua, NH 03063
- Follow Bosley patients and their hair transplant results
- Access the Bosley Store for the latest in FDA approved hair loss treatments