Hair Transplant Results and the New FUE, Follicular Unit Extraction Restoration Procedure
Additional Hair Transplant Resources:
- Visit the Bosley Store for FDA approved hair loss treatments
- View biographies for all Bosley Medical Physicians
- Find the Bosley Medical Office nearest you with the Bosley Office Locator
- Battle Against Bald – The Bosley community where you can see before and after results of Bosley hair transplantation.
Before and after results of Bosley hair transplantation can be seen in the Bosley Interactive Gallery.
The Bosley Interactive Gallery includes tools that provide insight into the results attainable with Bosley permanent hair restoration.
- The Hair Restorer Photobooth is a tool where you can see how you could look with more hair by uploading your photo and choosing a hairstyle and color.
- You can view results for Bosley patients from hair loss classifications 3-5 with the Bosley Before and After Slider.
- The Bosley Hairline Magnifier is a tool where you can get an up-close look at Bosley restored hairlines from a variety hair types and hair loss classifications.
One of the most recent advancements in hair transplant technology is the new Follicular Unit Extraction Procedure (FUE).
The new FUE procedure does not take a complete donor strip as with the FUT procedure, but rather, extracts individual follicular units of 1-3 hairs (sometimes 4) from the donor area.
The best candidates for the new Follicular Unit Extraction Procedure will:
- Be interested in a relatively small procedure that involves 1,000 grafts or less
- Have a limited supply of donor hair
- Have limited elasticity of the scalp
- Have limited donor hair supply and scalp elasticity after multiple FUT procedures
- Need or prefer to wear their hair very short
- Not be concerned with the close clipping involved in the donor area at the time of the procedure