Hair Transplant News and Technology – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Hair transplantation is the permanent solution to hair loss. One of the most recent technological advancements in hair restoration is the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure.
With this technique, the Bosley physician removes individual follicles of 1-3 hairs from the donor area instead of a complete donor strip, eliminating the typical thin, fine scar that can come with the FUT hair transplantation.
The Bosley Follicular Unit Extraction procedure is available at the following Regional Surgical Offices: Beverly Hills, New York, Chicago, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Columbus, Orlando, San Diego and Kansas City.
There are more than 70 Bosley Surgical and Consultation Offices located throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Use the Bosley Office Locator to find the office nearest you. All offices offer a free, private consultation with a Bosley Senior Counselor but you can also order a free DVD and Information Kit.
Bosley counselors are thoroughly trained and will answer your general questions on the causes of hair loss and treatment options. Your Bosley counselor will also provide a typical range of cost for treatments. However, only a Bosley physician can determine your candidacy for hair transplant surgery and provide you with a definitive answer on cost.
- Be interested in a smaller size procedure that is typically up to 1,000 grafts
- Have a limited donor hair supply
- Have limited scalp elasticity
- Have had several prior FUT procedures and now with limited donor hair supply or limited scalp elasticity
- Have a desire or need to wear their hair exceptionally short
- Not mind closely clipping the donor hair area at the time of the procedure