Hair Transplant Cost and Financing 2012
Generally speaking, hair transplantation is priced by the number of “grafts” in the procedure. Procedures are more expensive the greater the number of grafts, which can be dependant on the level of hair loss, your specific goals, the quality of your hair i.e. coarseness, color and curl, and the donor hair amount. It is important to note that the cost associated with hair transplantation is unique to the individual.
Based on the Norwood Scale, the following represents a range of grafts for Bosley permanent hair restoration:
- Norwood Classes II-IV=600-1,200 grafts
- Norwood Classes IV-VI=1,500-3,000 grafts
- Eyebrow Restoration=50-200 grafts
Bosley permanent hair restoration is a relatively simple procedure done on an outpatient basis at a Regionally located Surgical Office. There are more than 80 Bosley Consultation and Surgical Offices located throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
One of the most recent advancements in permanent hair restoration is the Follicular Unit Extraction procedure. Candidates for this procedure will:
- Be interested in a smaller size procedure that is typically up to 1,000 grafts
- Have a limited donor hair supply
- Have limited scalp elasticity
- Have had several prior FUT procedures and now with limited donor hair supply or limited scalp elasticity
- Have a desire or need to wear their hair exceptionally short
- Not mind closely clipping the donor hair area at the time of the procedure