June 7, 2012
Guide to Permanent Hair Restoration and Hair Loss Treatments
What is permanent hair restoration?
The only permanent solution to hair loss is hair transplant surgery.
Bosley permanent hair restoration is a relatively simple outpatient procedure that is typically complete within one full day. Local anesthesia is used for the hair transplant procedure, which provides patients with the opportunity to read, watch movies, listen to music and even sleep during the procedure.
Generally speaking, the procedure involves taking hair from where you have more than you need and moving to areas of thinning or baldness.
The new follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure extracts individual follicular units of 1-3 hairs (sometimes 4) from the donor area.
These follicular units are then skillfully and artistically placed with smaller, thinner units toward the front and larger units toward the back. The skill and artistry of the Bosley physician combined with the advancements in hair transplant technology result in a perfectly natural look and restored hairline that is virtually undetectable.
Hair and follicles transplanted from the “donor area” are resistant to the hormone DHT, which is the primary cause of male-pattern hair loss where hair thins around the temples and crown of the head. When transplanted they retain this resistance to DHT and will essentially continue to grow forever where genetically sensitive hair failed.
View Bosley hair transplant results in the following galleries:
- Men’s Norwood Class 2 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 3 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 4 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 5 Patients
- Men’s Norwood Class 6 Patients
- Women’s Hair Transplant Photo Gallery
- Bosley Lifestyle Photo Gallery
Other hair loss treatments that could be part of your complete hair restoration treatment plan as decided by you and your Bosley physician are:
- Propecia® – a prescription drug for men only.
- Minoxidil – part of 5-step systems Bosley Professional Strength for Men and Professional Strength for Women.
- Bosley LaserComb – one of the newest treatments for hair loss using photo-biostimulation to deliver laser energy to the hair follicle
Visit the Bosley Store for more details on available hair loss treatments.
Schedule a free, private consultation with a Bosley Senior Counselor to learn more about permanent hair restoration and other hair loss solutions that could be part of your complete treatment plan.