Hair loss treatments cleared by the FDA could become part of a complete treatment plan as decided by you and your Bosley physician. Treatments include Minoxidil (part of 5-step systems, Bosley Professional Strength for Men and Bosley Professional Strength for Women), Propecia®, the Bosley Lasercomb Elite® and recently introduced Bosley Theradome ™ Laser Helmet.
More information on these treatments is available by ordering a free Information Kit and scheduling a free, private consultation with a Bosley Counselor. Bosley counselors are thoroughly trained
and will answer your general questions on the causes of hair loss and available treatment options while also providing a typical range of cost for these treatments. Some people prefer an in-person consultation to have specific questions answered and to receive the free microscopic scalp and hair analysis. The analysis provides insight into the current level of your hair loss and potential for donor hair that can be used in permanent hair restoration.
The treatments above are complementary to surgical hair transplantation, which is the only permanent solution to hair loss. The advancements in hair restoration technology combined with skill, artistry and experience of Bosley physicians result in a perfectly natural look and restored hairline that is virtually indistinguishable from someone who didn’t have the procedure at all.
Bosley permanent hair restoration is a relatively simple procedure performed on an outpatient basis at a conveniently located Bosley Surgical Office. Following are the following 5 general steps of the procedure:
- Establish specific goals for your procedure with the Bosley physician.
- After the procedure plan is confirmed, local anesthetic is given at the sides and back of the head (where the donor strip will be removed). After the donor strip is removed, the Bosley physician will suture the donor area. This typically leaves a very fine, thin scar that is easily concealed by the remaining hair.
- Follicular units contain groupings of 1-4 hairs. After the donor strip is removed, the skilled surgical staff begins dividing these units. Later they will be skillfully placed in the recipient sites.
- Local anesthesia is given in the recipient area where the grafts will eventually be placed. When ready, the Bosley physician will create each recipient site by hand with specific location, angle and depth. A perfectly natural hairline is created with this skill and artistry.
- Once the Bosley physician has completed the recipient sites, the surgical team, which is under the doctor’s direction, will begin placement of the grafts one at a time.
The FUT technique differs from the minimally invasive FUE technique in that a complete strip is taken from the donor area. The follicular units are then dissected from the donor strip and transplanted to areas of thinning or baldness. The FUT procedure typically results in a thin, fine scar that is easily concealed by the remaining hair.
Using the FUE technique, a Bosley physician extracts individual follicular units of 1-3 hairs (sometimes 4) from the donor area and transplants them to areas of thinning or baldness. In men, the donor area is on the sides and back of the head where the hair and follicles are resistant to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the primary cause of male-pattern hair loss.
Results of Bosley hair restoration can be seen in the Interactive Gallery. Ultimately though, your results will be based on desired goals and other factors discussed with your Bosley physician.